Or so plenty of people think.
So the Earth WILL end one day, it's inevitable, but WHEN will it end is the question. I think at this current point in time NO ONE can say anything definite. There have been speculations about the end since the beginning of the Earth(think 1st century, 2000, and just about every year in between). But we are still here!
So why now are people on the 2012 boat?
Maybe it has to do with:
- The Mayan Calendar starts a new cycle in Dec. 2012
- President Obama ends his 1st term in 2012
- the Sun is on an 11yr cycle set to end in 2012
- The current economic situation is speculated to go out to 2012
- Earth Magnetic poles are estimated to switch any time now, possibly around 2012
So how COULD it happen, or perhaps, how to people THINK it could happen...
A selection from 2012 Bast Theory
- Flu Pandemic - Swine Flu anyone?
- Nuclear War / WW3 / Biological War- North Korea, Iran
- Large Hadron Collider - Going on under Europe right now
- Religious Apocalypse - Welcome back Jesus
- Nuclear Accident - chernobyl
- Rise of the Machines - Anyone seen Matrix or Terminator
- Asteroid/Meteor/Comet - poof
- Coronal Mass Ejection (CRE) from our Sun- Knock out Earth electronics, send us spiralling into a world wide crisis, massive deaths due to starvation, war, sickness.
- Magnetic Pole Shift- Everyone would feel upside down? toilets everywhere would flush backwards.
- Supervolcano - liquid hot magma
- Ice Age (Global Cooling) - Canadians would need to move down to USA to avoid being buried under glaciers.
- Global Warming- Thanks Al Gore.